Ahoy-hoy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bucky, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Hi I'm Bucky.

I've only really got into running this past year. I'm more of a slow but steady jogger at the moment but would like to get faster.

As yet I've never run further than 10K but looking to change than in early 2018 and also improve my times over 5K and 10K. So I'll be looking to enter a few events in the north west / peak district, I only got the Stafford 10K in this year.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Flatflr and Steve like this.
  2. Steve

Steve Regular Member Staff Member

Hi Bucky and welcome.

Bucky likes this.
  3. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Hi, welcome to the board! New runners are the best!! Any thoughts on races to enter in the New Year? The Peaks will be gorgeous to run in, if a bit hilly.

Bucky likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm currently eyeing up the Chatsworth 10K in April and the Carsington 7+ (12.5km) in May but no other plans yet.

Steve likes this.
  5. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Chatsworth would be lovely and not too hilly, if I'm not mistaken? At least compared with other nearby areas.

6. Steve

Steve Regular Member Staff Member

I was eyeing the Carsington 7, have walked it a couple of times and really fancy running it.

Bucky likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Yes I don't remember Chatsworth being too hilly and it looks like a good way to combine a run with a family day out, which is a bonus.

I've walked & cycled around Carsington but would love to run it, again great scenery for a run. I can see a trend here :laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice