Anyone got any strategies for pursuing healthy food choices when your hand creeps to the chocolate?

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Hydration and Supplements' started by WiltshireWonder, Nov 27, 2017.

1. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I woke up with the resolution to eat well - healthy foods, good portion sizes etc. Instead, I ate every piece of junk I could get my hands on.

Anyone got any strategies for pursuing healthy food choices when your hand creeps to the chocolate? I know it's all about self-control but I had NONE today.

(Please note: I have a pretty good attitude towards food, I eat well generally, I don't have a problem. I just ate like a pig today).

2. pubrunner

pubrunner New Member

There's an easy answer to this - reach for the healthy chocolate . . . . . . . that which has a cocoa content of above 75%.

I have a single piece of 85% cocoa chocolate at the start of every day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...-10-health-reasons-you-should-eat-more-of-it/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-is-dark-chocolate-good-for-you-thank-your-microbes/

WiltshireWonder likes this.
  3. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Do a long run to earn said chocolate?

4. Truth

Truth Regular Member

Or.......
    Just eat the chocolate and don't worry about it.
    Everything in moderation :smile:

5. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

Have other enjoyable snacks available? I've been aiming for about 20% protein in my diet so I aim to keep snacks in that are high protein e.g. roasted pulses/broadbeans, houmous, seeds, nuts - however apart from the pulses/beans they're all quite high calorie/fat, so if your reason for staying away from chocolate is that then these won't help.

6. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

TOTALLY!!! It's just the 'moderation' that I struggle with.

7. Steve

Steve Regular Member Staff Member

Go for a run, then you will have earned it...^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice