1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth or Wireless Headphone Recommendations for Running

Discussion in 'Running Gear and Equipment' started by Redbadger, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Redbadger

Redbadger Member Staff Member

Do you have any recommendations for wireless / bluetooth headphones for running?

2. john59

john59 Member

I've been using the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium bone-conducting headphones for the last 8 months and would highly recommend them for running. You can still hear traffic and people around you while listening to music or podcasts etc. They can be had for around £75.00 right now, I paid £109.00 if you look around. A newer model is available, Trekz Air, but that is £149.99.

Redbadger likes this.
  3. carlp

carlp Regular Member

I don’t use anything, despite my wife buying me an iPod nano and headphones for running, I can’t be doing with the faff of them.

4. OP
    OP
    Redbadger

Redbadger Member Staff Member

Trying to find a way to write this that makes sense but does the sound sound like 'real' sound - if you know what I mean? Is it the same as listening to music through an in-ear bud?

5. john59

john59 Member

No not like an earbud, I use to run with headphones like that and I could hear every footstep through my body, thump thump.
    The only way I can describe it is that it's like having speakers near your ears but you can still hear around you. If you're in a very loud environment the sound can be drowned out but on my running/cycling routes, they work wonderfully. The sound sounds great to me but I'm no music buff. You can also use them for phone calls during use. Aftershokz review!

Redbadger likes this.