CC'er here saying howdy doody.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Smokeysmoo, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:43 PM.

1. Smokeysmoo

Smokeysmoo New Member

Just signed up after getting back into some running again for fitness and weight loss.

Been a CycleChat member for many years but time restraints mean a quick run is easier than a bike ride for me at the moment, particularly with the dark nights and dodgy weather.

I'm in no way a competitive runner, (apart from with myself). My Parkrun time at the moment is about 28 mins, and my PB is about 26, but that's from a few years ago.

I'm in the market for a watch based fitness tracker too. I like Garmin, (I know don't shoot me), as I use Garmin on my bikes and it's never let me down.

That's not to say I wouldn't entertain an alternative, but my criteria means it must be able to store music so I can leave my phone at home. This seems to limit my options somewhat, but any recommendations are welcome.

My budget is around £200, but for the right watch I could possibly push this up by a maximum of about 50%.

So that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be here and hope to continue building and improving my running fitness over the winter so I can quite literally hit the ground running next spring.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice