Do you carry any ID with you?

Sorry if this is a bit morbid. I saw someone running in the dark and rain a few weeks ago down an unlit country road and as we passed I wondered what would happen if they got knocked down by a car or something. Do you all carry ID with you when you go running?

Drhysted

Yep, if I’m not carrying my phone (which has emergency contacts on the lock screen) I wear a onelife ID bracelet.

TriTom

I never have carried ID, and only really have my phone on a run more recently since our secon child was born 6 weeks ago but that's just in case my wife needs me back home.
Although I don't run on unlit country roads, but that doesn't mean they will no who I am if I keel over.
I may invest in an ID tag for my trainers or something just for peace of mind, but again that won't bring me back if I'm dead.

carlp

Nope, nuffink. No phone. Possibly my Garmin watch might have info on it.

It’s a bit of a worry really.

StephenR

Only during events but that’s due to my number being traceable back, or my barcode during Parkrun.

I try and remember but forget to as I’m more focused in making sure I have keys to get back in the house.

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
I (nearly) always bring my driving license. For long runs I also take my bank card - you never know! My bike broke on a long ride once and I had to get an Uber home (it needed serious work).

Flatflr

Don't carry ID as such but always have my phone with me. I keep a couple of notes in the phone case, have decided to put my EHIC card in there just in case.

Tennersee

ID no. Phone, yes. Never really thought about it in terms of not making it home from a run though. Do they do ID bracelets for men?

Stig-OT-Dump

I travelled to a wedding once, left my car at the reception but stayed with family nearby. The next morning I ran to pick up the car. A passing car threw up a stone that hit me in the eye; it hurt, and I couldn't keep it open to see out of. A passing car say me struggling to stay upright and stopped to help. They were an off duty nurse and police lady - and they decided I needed to go to A&E.
I didn't know my wife's mobile number, and couldn't remember my bro-in-law's address. The only numbers I could remember by heart were my mum and older brother - both went to voicemail.
In the end I had to describe how I would drive to my B-i-L's while they looked at Google Earth so that they could suss out where his house was (I couldn't see, sou I couldn't point it out to them). They then drove round to let my wife know I was in the hospital and would need picking up.
After that I started wearing an ID bracelet, although I have fallen out of the habit. I guess I should start again.
It was the Vital ID bracelet - http://www.theidbandco.com/Sports-Safety-ID-Wristbands
You write your details on a waterproof slip that fits inside. It means if I am overseas work I can put the insurance/ hotel details on it.

Top Bottom