Do you run on your own or do you run with regular partner(s)?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Redbadger, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Redbadger

Redbadger Regular Member Staff Member

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Alas, mainly alone. Sob. You?

Redbadger likes this.
  3. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

About 50:50 - I joined and now lead social runs for our 'village' running group - I like having the company but it does mean I don't get a choice of pace - it simply depends on who turns up; some evenings I can be doing 7:30 min/km (12 min/miles) and other evenings it can be 4:05 min/km ( 6:30 min/miles )...

https://runtogether.co.uk/groups/ - is where we're listed as we get our insurance through them (its a part of England Athletics).

WiltshireWonder and Redbadger like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Redbadger

Redbadger Regular Member Staff Member

Alone, but dictated by work / family circumstances that don't allow me to arrange specific days or times for runs. :smile:

5. carlp

carlp Regular Member

Mostly alone, sometimes with the Fragrant MrsP, but she runs more than me and often wants to go further.

Redbadger likes this.
  6. Drhysted

Drhysted Regular Member

Solo.

Redbadger likes this.
  7. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

99.9% is on my own as I generally have to get out as and when I have a slot free, on the very rare 0.01% I go to the Thursday club run or a parkrun if I'm not working.

Redbadger likes this.
  8. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

I’m a member of a running club and do regular park runs but outside of that I run on my own. My wife runs too but at a much slower pace which, if I was to stick to, would likely cause me injury in holding back.

9. john59

john59 Regular Member

Alone most of the time apart from the Park runs! Mind you I do like losing myself in the podcasts or music I'm listening to while running.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice