Do you run your commute to work? How do you get your work clothes and shoes to the office?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Couch Potato, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Couch Potato

Couch Potato New Member

My commute is about 3 miles, but takes ages in the car as I'm sat in stationary traffic for most of it along with all the other drones in their cars, so I'm thinking about maybe starting to run my commute instead.

Do any of you run to work and back home afterwards? If so, how do you get all your workwear in to the office?

I'd need quite a large backpack to fit all my clothes and shoes into and I can't imagine it would be very comfortable as it wouldn't be very light.

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I used to do this when I lived in London, it was about 6 miles each way. I tended to go in via public transport on a Monday and take shoes for the week (hard when you're female) and then carry my clothes in a backpack. You can get good running backpacks that cinch tight so they don't bounce. Mine is small, it's a Nathan, but there are some great ones out there. I tended to get public transport back. I know other people who'd drive/public transport to work on a Monday and take a week's supply of shirts so they didn't crease.

John the Monkey likes this.
  3. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

I leave spare shoes and trousers at work - a spare shirt, pants and socks fit in a 5L rucksack/vest fairly easily.

4. Truth

Truth Regular Member

Go commando and save on the backpack weight :laugh::laugh:

5. Stig-OT-Dump

Stig-OT-Dump Member

I used to cycle into work with 2 days' worth of clothes, then run home the "long" way. Next morning I would run into work and then cycle home with a full back pack. Worked for me.

StephenR likes this.
  6. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

My wife used to take her clothes to work the previous day on her bike.

i've never run to my new job but have run home (13 miles, well on the route I took I did add few miles!) so did the reverse and took running clothes with me on the bus to work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice