Do you share your running goals with your partner or family?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Tennersee, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Tennersee

Tennersee Regular Member

Just curious, but do any of you share your running goals with your family? When you head out of the door in your trainers do they know you are actually race training? ... and are your family supportive or do they just think you’re a little bit bonkers?

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I totally tell them! Particularly for my son, I think it's important for him to see me set goals, work hard and achieve them or fail to achieve them and handle it well. My husband's done a couple of Ironman triathlons and that was so time-consuming that we all had to be invested as a family!

My big 2018 goal is a sub 1 hr 50 half marathon (no big deal for many, a massive deal for me). My husband has decided to get his first sub 2 hr at my goal race - I'm really excited about it.

Tennersee likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Tennersee

Tennersee Regular Member

It's great that your family are supportive and encouraging. Good luck with your half marathon goal. You sound like a positive and dedicated person so I'm sure you'll manage it. :smile:

WiltshireWonder likes this.
  4. part time runner

part time runner New Member

No, my family think i am crazy, although they are supportive they don't share my love of running .

5. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

They don’t understand that even if I’m not training for a race that staying fit and healthy (mentally and physically) is not just something you can do once every so often.

part time runner likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice