Do you throw your ex-running shoes away?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Redbadger, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Redbadger

Redbadger Regular Member Staff Member

When your running shoes have done enough, do you throw them away or do you use them for casual wear or give them to a clothing bank or charity shop, etc.?

2. Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

Our local running shop have a shoe bank, so I when I purchase a new pair, I leave the old ones behind.:okay:

Redbadger likes this.
  3. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

My wife usually throws them or forces me to get rid, I become quite attached to my old trainers much to her annoyance as they generally smell and are falling to bits, only really use them for the first month after getting a new pair so I'm not using my new ones for anything other than running then the old ones end up sitting in the cupboard.

Mudrock and Redbadger like this.
  4. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

For ones that have just lost their bounce after 500 miles or so I tend to give to the shoe banks - not sure what to do about ones with ripped uppers etc. they tend to hang around until I get fed up and throw them in the bin.

Mudrock and Redbadger like this.
  5. Fresh Start

Fresh Start Member

Ha ha I'll let you know if I ever manage to wear a pair out. :laugh:

I like the idea of the shoe bank in Mudrock's shop though. Reusing them must be better than them going to landfill.

Mudrock likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice