Fell over tonight

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
fell over hard on tonight’s run club outing! Bloody knee, bloody elbow, sore ankle, sore foot, bashed boob, aching ribs!

Grateful to running buddies for getting me back safely!

Going to be sore and stiff tomorrow!

amasidlover

Ouch - the question with falling over in a group run is whether the physical pain is worse than the embarrassment factor or vice-versa. Still I'll take falling over running over falling of the bike; and I've done plenty of both!

Hope you recover quickly!

OP
WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
Thanks! I'm still a bit battered. Foot/ankle is bruised and very slightly swollen. What's hurting more is the area around my left boob - I think I bruised my ribs. Don't think anything is broken but it's pretty uncomfortable!

Mudrock

Thanks! I'm still a bit battered. Foot/ankle is bruised and very slightly swollen. What's hurting more is the area around my left boob - I think I bruised my ribs. Don't think anything is broken but it's pretty uncomfortable!
How are you feeling?
Hopefully you are resting and taking nice long hot baths.
:hugs:

TriTom

Get well soon.
Though about this the other day, went for a run a let my mind wander then for some reason realised that I wasn't watching where I was going, it was dark and wet and people would likely have their recycling boxes out on the path by their garden wall.
Just made me think how in a split second I could have been face down in a world of pain.

StephenR

Hope your body, and your pride, are both recovering well.

I fell today during a trail race as I was coming downhill when my toe caught a protruding rock.

Luckily I was able to tuck and roll back onto my feet and carry on with only a very brief break in step.

Redbadger

Staff member
Glad to see you're on the mend @WiltshireWonder :smile: (and apologies for not posting a GWS :shy:)

Top Bottom