Folding treadmills

Discussion in 'General Training and Racing Discussion' started by WiltshireWonder, Nov 24, 2017.

1. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I'm thinking about investing in a dreadmill - the roads where I live are so flipping dark at night and in the early morning. I'd like a folding one so it doesn't need to stay up all the time and take over the entire room.

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm quite keen on how the X-Lite NexGen looks, the reviews are good.

2. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

I've never owned one but they do pop up a lot on local buy/sell forums (facebook groups these days) as they are the sort of thing that get used briefly and then gather dust - so would be worth trying to pick a cheap/free one up.

3. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I'm a little worried we'd do the same thing, but I think it could be really useful if I did use it. Maybe I'd need to commit to using it once/week at least.

4. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

I've only ever used them in gyms and the only way I managed to do any meaningful length of running was by doing an interval workout on it - which meant time passed reasonably quickly. Just getting on and running for X minutes was a painfully tedious exercise!

That said I do use Zwift on the bike trainer,which helps a lot and you can use that on treadmills too now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice