Folding treadmills

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
I'm thinking about investing in a dreadmill - the roads where I live are so flipping dark at night and in the early morning. I'd like a folding one so it doesn't need to stay up all the time and take over the entire room.

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm quite keen on how the X-Lite NexGen looks, the reviews are good.

amasidlover

I've never owned one but they do pop up a lot on local buy/sell forums (facebook groups these days) as they are the sort of thing that get used briefly and then gather dust - so would be worth trying to pick a cheap/free one up.

OP
WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
I've never owned one but they do pop up a lot on local buy/sell forums (facebook groups these days) as they are the sort of thing that get used briefly and then gather dust - so would be worth trying to pick a cheap/free one up.
I'm a little worried we'd do the same thing, but I think it could be really useful if I did use it. Maybe I'd need to commit to using it once/week at least.

amasidlover

I've only ever used them in gyms and the only way I managed to do any meaningful length of running was by doing an interval workout on it - which meant time passed reasonably quickly. Just getting on and running for X minutes was a painfully tedious exercise!

That said I do use Zwift on the bike trainer,which helps a lot and you can use that on treadmills too now.

Top Bottom