Hello I'm New Here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Running Cat, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Running Cat

Running Cat New Member

Hi I'm new here.
    I've just started a beginner's program. I already cycle and do a lot of walking.

TriTom likes this.
  2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Woohooo....welcome to running and to Running Chat. You have so much fun ahead of you.

3. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

Welcome to the forum (and to running).
    How's it going so far? (again the running that is)
    Got any goals in mind or just doing it for the sheer pleasure a nice run can bring?

4. OP
    OP
    Running Cat

Running Cat New Member

Hello. I am teaching myself to run by doing a walk and run plan. I'm aiming to do some 5k park runs when I'm used to running.
    I already have some fitness from walking and cycling. Running helps with depression.

5. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

Are you doing couch to 5k program?
    Get yourself to a parkrun now (well tomorrow) there's probably people at your local one that are doing similar to you and even if you can't complete the full 5km walk/running you might get some motivation from being around other runners.
    Parkrun is less about super competitive people who run 5km in 16 mins more about getting people together from all backgrounds and abilities.

Although if I could do 5km in 16 mins I would definitely do it when other people were around to see :smile:

Running Cat likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Running Cat

Running Cat New Member

Hi. I can walk more than 5k. I just need to get used to running it. I'm on my third week of training.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice