How was your run today?

Discussion in 'General Training and Racing Discussion' started by Bucky, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Have you been for a run today? How did it go and what did you do?

2. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

I went for a short 3km run. I've done virtually no cycling or running for the past 3 weeks due to a holiday then a horrendous flu so was just scoping out how it felt.
    It felt pretty rough, so I cut it short to 3km and will ease myself back in with a few short and slower runs till I'm feeling 100% again. Rather than doing too much too soon.

3. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I ran with my husband yesterday which is a really nice treat. Except that we ended up crossing a field of cows (on a public footpath) and there was an enormous bull in the field, which freaked me out a little.

Today i'm doing 5 or 6 miles with some hill repeats. I kind of like hill repeats, even though I'm awful at hills.

Bucky, john59 and Steve like this.
  4. john59

john59 Regular Member

I ran my eighth park run this morning, with a time of 26:59, 14 seconds of my personal best. A coolish start, 9c. It was a good turnout, 316 runners.

Bucky likes this.
  5. WiltshireWonder

Nice work! I did an easy 5 - my legs ached after hills yesterday!

john59 and Bucky like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

A little parkrun tourism this morning and ran my 2nd Bolton parkrun. Its local but not my usual, however it made a nice change and is handily located for a quick nip to Decathlon afterwards. Felt better than Thursday night.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    stephec and john59 like this.
  7. Steve

Steve Regular Member Staff Member

A 9.5k jog at 5:19 min/km, quite happy with that as a general training run, bit colder than of late and a stiff breeze which was behind me on the way home. The sun was out for most of the time, all in all an enjoyable plod.

TriTom and john59 like this.
  8. Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

After yesterday park run , I thought I do a long slow distance run today,
    12 miles in total, very relax and very steady run, enjoyable, everything I target :okay:

TriTom, john59 and Steve like this.
  9. Truth

Truth Regular Member

Today I ran 100 metres to the pub :laugh:

sandra6, john59 and Steve like this.
  10. WiltshireWonder

Went out into the local woods with the Husband. It was a mud-pit, I lost a shoe twice and got my legs cut to shreds from the brambles as I tried to avoid the worst of the mud. It was delightful!

Truth likes this.
  11. john59

john59 Regular Member

10 km run this morning. With the rains, we've had the footpaths were slippy, full of mud.

TriTom likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

A flat 5K run after work which felt great, back in rude health after the man flu. ^_^

TriTom, john59, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  13. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

A run to work this morning - beautiful skies, perfect temperature for the clothing I picked, mostly on gravel paths and pavements and a nice steady pace - great way to start the day. The run home is scheduled to include 15 mins at 10km plus 10s pace so that's something to look forward to ;)

TriTom, Truth and john59 like this.
  14. Went out with every intention of doing at least 12km, but just wasn't feeling it - turned in 6km instead. Nice morning for it though.

TriTom, Bucky and john59 like this.
  15. WiltshireWonder

Did a quick 5m before my son's birthday party this afternoon. I have 11 more to do and I've done 1000 this year. Normally I'd have done more but this year's been exceptional, I'll be really happy to do 1100.

TriTom, Bucky and john59 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice