How was your run today?

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
First half marathon distance run of the year done. Playing around with nice slow and relaxed paces in readiness for the ultra later in the year. Was a rather chilly one, wish i'd taken gloves...
Always take gloves!

StephenR

As I’m relatively new to runnnig yesterday was my firstvintervals session on the training plan. Tough or what!

Today on the plan was a 70 minute run. This saw me run to Portbello baths and back at just under 8 minute mile pace. Could still feel yesterday’s session in my legs at the start!

Flatflr

Wasn't planning on a run today so heading out on the bike mid morning for a 20 mile potter (first road ride of the year), got home did some housework and by mid afternoon I got bored so decided to go for a short road run on one of my regular road routes. Managed a nice relaxed 6 miles:smile:

Wore gloves for both....

TriTom

Managed to squeeze in just short of 6km, it was a bit rushed so ended up going out faster than I initially wanted and couldn't really sustain a consistent pace. Did some core work for the first time in ages yesterday so a little achey from that and 3 mile cycle home far too fast with no form of warm up.
It was rush hour and I live near the town centre so spent ages waiting to cross roads then having to sprint through gaps in traffic.
calves were feeling a bit tight, also feel like I'm coming down with something and lack of sleep due to a new baby..... excuses excuses.
Looking back on it I probably should have just stayed at home and stretched or something :sad:

Last edited:

StephenR

Today was a steady 45 minute run, avoiding the icy patches on the pavement, at 4:50/km pace. Still find training odd doing it by time and not distance but will stick to the plan.

Gloves were needed tonight and hands stayed cold till about the 20 minute mark.

Top Bottom