I'm Just Starting Running.

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Running Cat, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Running Cat

Running Cat New Member

Hello. I'm in my forties. I've cycled all of my life, well ok since I was five.
    I'm now getting into running.
    Any help and advice would be appreciated!!!
    I can walk long distances. At the moment I am walking and running.
    I go out for about 30 mins at a time.
    I'm getting a real buzz from it.

2. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

I would say, don't rush to get to the end of a program, if you have a bad session/miss a session don't beat yourself up about it. It's ok to take a break or re-do a session.
    Listen to your body and if I needs time off then take it, better to do that than get ill or injured from pushing too hard.

3. Johnnylewis

Johnnylewis New Member

I started running 12 weeks ago by doing C25K, cough the bug, also started cycling couple times a week. Last night into week 2 of the 10k programme with zenlabs I pulled this outta the bag.

12 weeks ago I was outta breath going up my stairs. Hated the way I looked and felt. Screenshot_20181101-202852.png

4. john59

john59 Regular Member

Parkruns (5K) is a great way to meet other runners and you can go as fast or slow as you want. Highly recommended. As your time is recorded you can see if you're getting quicker over time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice