Is Cavin Woodward the greatest 100 mile runner, ever?

Nessie

What a fascinating read! I can't claim to have an opinion on whether he is the greatest 100 mile runner, but anyone who can run round a track for 100 miles is great in my book, whetever their speed! A sub 2:30 marathon is incomprehensible in itself never mind, as you say, before the other 74 miles.

I was reading recently about a challence William Sichel has set himself - setting 750 Ultra running records (including age graded ones - he is 64 after all). It's worth having a look at his website.

pubrunner

. . . But running round a track for 100 miles?
A 100 miles ? I did a 3,000m once and that was enough.

Some folk have the mindset to cope with numerous laps on the track - and some actually like it. A friend of mine ran for Salford Harriers in the 90s and his 10 mile pb (under 50 minutes) was done on the track.

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
A 100 miles ? I did a 3,000m once and that was enough.

Some folk have the mindset to cope with numerous laps on the track - and some actually like it. A friend of mine ran for Salford Harriers in the 90s and his 10 mile pb (under 50 minutes) was done on the track.
I can't fathom that. I thoroughly enjoy a bit of track pain but we're talking 800's (I think I did a 1600 once). But I totally respect those who use the track for longer distances.

Top Bottom