Medical Certificates for races

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Injuries' started by WiltshireWonder, Feb 20, 2018.

1. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Guys!

So my husband and I are running the Annecy 1/2 marathon in April and we have to provide a medical certificate stamped and signed by our doctors saying we're healthy enough. Our doctors have refused to do so (which I do understand) and we're a little stumped.

Has anyone ever had experience of this? Any advice?

2. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Probably scared of any liability issues.

There are lots of Dr sample signatures on the internet should you decide to create your own. If it’s anything like the checks carried out for Paris Marathon you’ll be ok.

DAMHIA :laugh:

3. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

I think a lot of people do that...I'd love to do it properly if possible. Sigh...it's such an unfair thing to ask of doctors.

4. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Unfortunately if your own GP, who has full access to your medical records, won’t do it it will be highly unlikely you with get another one to do it.

Only option I can think of is looking into a private consultation but even that won’t have any guarantee you’ll get the signature you require.

Your own GP has the option for charging for his /her services in carrying out such a task so am a little surprised they refused.

classic33 and WiltshireWonder like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

Sigh...thanks guys!

6. carlp

carlp Regular Member

We’ve done our own, our doctors won’t do it either, it only seems to be for events in France. We’ve done events in USA, South Africa, Germany, Austria none of those countries want medical certificates.

WiltshireWonder likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

So I've used an online company - cyclosportmedicalcertificate.com - which, despite the name, is legit. So far I've filled in a form and paid my 65 quid. I have a well-managed heart condition, so I'm not sure if they will be happy to certify me, but for those of you lucky enough not to be born genetically dodgy, this could be a way to get the certificate done.

classic33 and carlp like this.
  8. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

9. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

StephenR likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

One final post - my certificate arrived in my inbox today, less than 24 hours after I put in the request. So far, super-impressed.

classic33, StephenR and john59 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice