Returning to running, need suggestions

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by QoJoe, Apr 5, 2019.

1. QoJoe

QoJoe New Member

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post here on the forum. I'll give you guys some brief info on my training history in Hope's for some help and suggestions. When I first started running I went from 10 miles a week and increased to 25 miles a week within a couple of months. At the time I was on a vegan diet and my short runs consisted of 3.5mile runs. I got a lot quicker fast but also ran into terrible shin pain. It got to the point where I could not touch my shin bone without pain so I took time off. It was January at this time and I decided to do an indoor sport for the rest of the winter. So fast forward an entire year I've been doing martial arts, so I'm still in good shape. But ive been itching to return to running but want to avoid the shin and foot pain. When I first started running before my initial injury i was only in the sport for around 8 months. So with this time off i know I'm basically ally starting over from scratch.My plan is to start running 3 days a week instead of 6, basically i want to build my mileage on the road and I'm hoping to run a 10k in 2 months. Does that seem a little soon? If so I can hold off and race later on. I've been doing body weight strength training for the past year since I stopped running which I will continue to do and Taylor toward my running routine, last year I wasn't doing anything besides running and sctreching. Any opinions or advice?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice