Running Buggy: tips & advice?

Discussion in 'Running Gear and Equipment' started by Bucky, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Anyone run with a buggy?

I'm interested if anyone has any hints and tips of what to look for in a running buggy?

My daughters not quite old enough to ride in one yet, but I like to do my research before buying things and it will give me chance to keep an eye out for deals or a decent second hand one.

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

So I had a bob, which is the standard running stroller for american runners (we were living in California at that point in our lives). It was brilliant and I'd wholeheartedly recommend. Go for the one with the free wheel at the front (which turns freely when you steer) rather than the fixed-forward wheel.

Bucky likes this.
  3. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

I’ll be getting my baby jogger 2 out of the loft soon to start running with my little boy, he’s 6 months now, I used it with my daughter before she started getting bored of sitting in it even for a parkrun when she was about 2 and a half.

Mine was £50 second hand and has done exactly what I need it to with no frills.
    Here’s a blog I found just now
    http://www.blog7t.com/2014/01/baby-jogger-2.html?m=1

Bucky likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Awesome thanks for the help. I've discovered some can be a running buggy and bicycle trailer in one, so easier to justify the cost. :smile:

Will be keeping my eye out for any deals on WeeRide's, Chariots (old CTS ones or Thule as they now are), Burley and Croozer trailers/joggers.

Sadly just missed out on a Out n About Nipper Sport V4 on Wednesday, which Tesco were selling at half price since they're closing Tesco Direct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice