Running heroes

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse' started by WiltshireWonder, Nov 8, 2017.

1. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Okay, so here's a question whilst we all have our drinks. Who's your running hero? Pick one hero who's a 'real-life' hero and one who's a 'famous runner' hero!

My real-life running hero is a girl whose blog I read, she's a friend of friends. We used to live in California and she's this fantastic runner with two little kids and she just has this wonderful attitude to running and racing, so much joy and gratitude. She works really hard at her running and definitely sees the results, but it's the joy that inspires me the most.

My famous running hero is Emelie Forsberg, the Swedish trail runner, who is just so flipping adorable and always looks so happy when she runs. Her Instagram account is beautiful.

2. carlp

carlp Regular Member

My running hero is the Fragrant MrsP, she has run over a thousand miles this year, I don’t know how or why she does it. In total over four years she has run 10 marathons and 18 half marathon events.

I don’t have a sporting hero but a lot admiration for Paula Radcliffe, who incidentally I ran past on the Run Disney Half in September. She was running the other way of course. I shouted ‘ your going the wrong way ‘ . Oh how she laughed.

WiltshireWonder and Mudrock like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I love Paula too.

carlp likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice