Running in the rain

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
Ugh... I have 15 miles to run this morning and it's raining hard. I really need to get those miles done today, I don't have 2 1/2 hrs to find any other time this week but I'm kind of dreading it. Any tips for running in the rain?

I'm thinking:
- Rain jacket and one layer underneath
- Baseball cap
- Bodyglide

Anything else?

amasidlover

Cap + 1 extra upper body layer
That's it - the main problem I find with running in the rain is my glasses become impossible to see through; other than that I quite enjoy it. Which is lucky given how many rainy days we get here...

OP
WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
It wasn't too bad in the end - the rain was intermittent so I even got a few miles running in just a t-shirt, the first time that's happened for months. But on the whole, the jacket was on/off/on/off. Lucky it wasn't cold and there was no wind.

Mudrock

I prefer to run in the rain than cycle in it.
I don't bother with waterproof clothing, the clothes I choose are wind proof vest/ jacket and RonHill tracks, And a hat depending on the temp.

Flatflr

Did my first marathon in the rain and it generally doesn't stop me from running. Waterproof jacket and yes a baseball type cap to keep the rain out of my eyes, never bothered with bodyglide.

TriTom

Went out straight after cycling home today in the rain, was originally going to go out yesterday evening which would have been nice as it was on the cool side but the sun was out but just had to crack on today in the rain, quite enjoyed it, made a change for it to be rainy but not too cold.

StephenR

Not a big fan of starting a run in the rain but don’t mind it later on. If need must though I’ll stick a jacket on and get out there.

part time runner

i used to run in the rain with lightweight rain jacket and just my compression top under it, but running in a waterproof would make me sweat so it was just as wet as if i hadn't worn a jacket....

Top Bottom