Running with Little Legs

Stig-OT-Dump

We re-homed a dog from the Dogs' Trust earlier this year.
The first time I took him out running he was enthusiastic for a half mile, and then struggled to keep going beyond a mile. It didn't help that he was carrying a fair bot of extra weight, and only has little legs.
I spent a little while trying to build up his fitness, and he managed to get up to 2.5k, but I didn't want to push him too hard or make him do something he didn't want to.
Recently he started taking notice when I put my running kit on, and then started going to sit by the door when he saw me getting ready to head out, so I started taking him out again.
Today he ran 5 miles and was obviously totally enjoying himself.
Looks like I've got a new running partner - maybe it's time to look at Canix. Any tips for that will be gratefully received.

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
Woohoo...I'm super-jealous, I'd love a canine running buddy. Some of my friends do canicross and they fly uphills leaving me puffing in their wake! I think we need a photo of your new running buddy!

OP
S

Stig-OT-Dump

Somehow I don't think I'll be getting pulled up hills by this chap, but it is nice to have a new running partner!
Dog.jpg

Top Bottom