Running with Little Legs

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Stig-OT-Dump, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Stig-OT-Dump

Stig-OT-Dump Member

We re-homed a dog from the Dogs' Trust earlier this year.
    The first time I took him out running he was enthusiastic for a half mile, and then struggled to keep going beyond a mile. It didn't help that he was carrying a fair bot of extra weight, and only has little legs.
    I spent a little while trying to build up his fitness, and he managed to get up to 2.5k, but I didn't want to push him too hard or make him do something he didn't want to.
    Recently he started taking notice when I put my running kit on, and then started going to sit by the door when he saw me getting ready to head out, so I started taking him out again.
    Today he ran 5 miles and was obviously totally enjoying himself.
    Looks like I've got a new running partner - maybe it's time to look at Canix. Any tips for that will be gratefully received.

carlp and Steve like this.
  2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Woohoo...I'm super-jealous, I'd love a canine running buddy. Some of my friends do canicross and they fly uphills leaving me puffing in their wake! I think we need a photo of your new running buddy!

Steve likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Stig-OT-Dump

Stig-OT-Dump Member

Somehow I don't think I'll be getting pulled up hills by this chap, but it is nice to have a new running partner!
    Dog.jpg

carlp likes this.
  4. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

He's lovely!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice