Show us your training plan

Discussion in 'General Training and Racing Discussion' started by Mudrock, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

i like to show you my training plan,

This is just a tick over plan as I’ve got no races organised till late 2018.

Saturday = Park run
    Sunday = long slow distance run, up two hours
    Monday = hilll repeats, 30 to 45 minutes
    Tuesday = rest day
    Wednesday = 1 hour run
    Thursday = 1 minute spirit, 1 minute walk, total time 45 minutes
    Friday = rest
    Saturday = park run

So round about 25 miles a week.

2. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

I tend to do a mix of events; fell running, triathlon, TTs (bike), aquathlon, duathlon so the training plan reflects that - Its also winter so I've got the higher risk strength and technique workouts in there (summer tends to focus on strength maintenance and VO2 Max work in between races).

Monday: fasted bike ride to work (10km), Masters swim session (1hr), Ride home with 10x 30s Sprints with at least 1 min recovery between each (approx 20km)

Tuesday: Easy school run / ride to work (11km), 20km ride home with middle 30 mins just over FTP (TT simulation), 'Max strength' weight training - mix of 5 sets of 5 reps (last to failure) of full body exercises e.g. barbell deadlift, barbell squat to shoulder press, barbell lunge, core strength exercises, injury specific exercises (for achilles tendon and ITB strengthening/compensation). Group run (7km) inc. 5x 30s sprints with plenty of recovery

Wednesday: Rest day - cycling school run but keeping HR < 100bpm

Thursday: 20km fasted ride to work, Masters swim session (1hr), Ride home as 20km Fartlek (mix of 30s - 5min intervals), 'Max strength' weight training, Group run (7km)

Friday: Easy school run/ride to work 11km, Masters swim session (1hr), Easy school run/ride home, 11km

Saturday: 1hr pyramid session on Bike Turbo trainer + Zwift; warm-up, 1 min hard, 30s easy, 2 mins hard, 1 min easy, 3 mins hard, 1.5 mins easy, 4 mins hard, 2 mins easy, 5 mins hard, 2.5 mins easy - then the same in reverse, 5mins, 4mins etc. 'Max strength' weight training

Sunday: Fasted run to work (10km), Run home with hill sprints (up and down) at end - 10km, 1hr 15m Moderate bike trainer workout (3x 15 mins at 85% of FTP)

Mudrock likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

A double like for that training plan,
    Looks like I must do more hill runs, and start finding races,
    There’s no chance of doing any fell running, living in Oxford :wacko:

4. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

I'm lucky in that from South Manchester I can relatively easily get to the Peak District or Pennines for hills or Cheshire for nice flat TTs. I don't know Oxford well at all, having only driven through/round, but it does seem pretty flat...

But there is nothing like having entered some races for getting you motivated!

5. sandra6

sandra6 New Member

Wake up, do I feel like getting out of bed yet? yes - go for a run. No - stay in bed . :okay:

amasidlover and Steve like this.
  6. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Oh golly this thread makes me feel slack.

I run about 5 times a week - I try to do speedwork and/or hills each week and a long run which is currently about 10 miles. And that's about all the structure I have at the moment, but I'm not training hard right now. I keep meaning to cross-train but keep sitting on the sofa instead. I get in about 100 miles a month consistently. I think, if I did more, I'd be faster.

Mudrock likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice