Swindon parkrun

WiltshireWonder

Staff member
This is my new local parkrun - I've only done it once as it's half an hour away and Saturday mornings often have family commitments!

This parkrun takes places at Lydiard Park - a stately home to the south west of Swindon. The park is lovely. Be aware that car parking is £2 - something that caught me unaware. There was enough parking when I was there. There are also a good number of clean indoor loos.

The course is two loops through parkland. It was relatively flat although there is a little kicker of a hill towards the end of the loop which is a bit tough on that second time around especially. People were friendly as we waited to get started and there was a good atmosphere. I'd say there were about 350 runners but it spread out quickly and I was able to run at my own pace quite soon. It's a pretty course - I ran it in the depths of a freezing winter's morning but I bet it's lovely in the sunshine.

At the end, there is a cafe for hot drinks but I snuck away quickly to go home. No queueing to get out the car park. I need to go back and run that again soon!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WiltshireWonder Parkrun 1
WiltshireWonder Parkrun 0
WiltshireWonder Parkrun 1
Bucky Parkrun 1
Top Bottom