Swindon parkrun

Discussion in 'Parkrun' started by WiltshireWonder, Mar 26, 2018.

1. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

This is my new local parkrun - I've only done it once as it's half an hour away and Saturday mornings often have family commitments!

This parkrun takes places at Lydiard Park - a stately home to the south west of Swindon. The park is lovely. Be aware that car parking is £2 - something that caught me unaware. There was enough parking when I was there. There are also a good number of clean indoor loos.

The course is two loops through parkland. It was relatively flat although there is a little kicker of a hill towards the end of the loop which is a bit tough on that second time around especially. People were friendly as we waited to get started and there was a good atmosphere. I'd say there were about 350 runners but it spread out quickly and I was able to run at my own pace quite soon. It's a pretty course - I ran it in the depths of a freezing winter's morning but I bet it's lovely in the sunshine.

At the end, there is a cafe for hot drinks but I snuck away quickly to go home. No queueing to get out the car park. I need to go back and run that again soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice