tips or tricks?

khornet96

So its that time of year agian and right on cue my family,alll but me,get sick,I tend to have a rather weak immune system sometimes,Due to lack of sleep,stress ect...,So I was wondering if anybody here had any little tips or tricks that might help give my immune system abit of a boost!

Thanks
smile2.gif

Awhiteh4

I like taking zinc as soon as I start feeling sick. Also, I try to do a lot of Vitamin C. Drinking lots of water and tea with honey and lemon are good too. Hope this helps! :smile:

Tenkaykev

I too have a weak immune system, but mines down to a medical issue. I'd second what Awhite 14 said, it is really important to stay well hydrated and it helps if you set a simple routine that works for you. I drink a pint of water with a splash of cordial plus my Iron tonic first thing in the morning before I have my coffee. ( tea / coffee can sometimes inhibit vitamin c / iron absorption )

I know it has been said many times before, but it is the quality of food that makes a massive difference to your overall health so " Eat food, mainly plants, not too much " is sound advice.

One thing to be aware of is that increasing the training load too quickly can weaken your immune system. When I was training and racing a lot I observed that if I ran a Marathon I would get cold sores a couple of days after the event. I did a fair few Marathons and once my body had adapted to the distance then I would no longer get cold sores. The same pattern emerged when I started doing longer runs, as I got a bit hooked on Ultras back in the day.

A big plus is that running is a great stress reliever, I've had many occasions where something seemed to be preying on my mind, going for a run and just settling into the rhythm of running really helped.

Take irt easy and all the best for the year ahead.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K General Running Discussions 0
Bucky Running Gear and Equipment 3
Top Bottom