Trail running shoes for £60 or under

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for mens trail running shoes. Budget is £60 maximum, but cheaper would be fine. I'm size 9 if it matters at all.

StephenR

What fit my size 9 feet are not guaranteed to fit yours. Running shoes are a very personal thing and I avoid making recommendations to others because of that.

FWIW my I bought my trail shoes in the sales for a tad under £60 and they are one of the Salomon brand.

John the Monkey

Stuff I have tried and liked,

Asics Gel Kakuna (Decathlon Exclusive)
Ran 500 or so km in these - work ok on packed trail, road (although like a lot of trail shoes they are firm) and the odd bit of mud. Cost me £45 in their sale.

Adidas Galaxy Trail (£30 in a Sports Direct sale)
Ok, the plus is their cushioning which makes mixed road & trail a bit more comfortable (on the road bits). I found myself oddly between sizes, settling on a 9.5, but they're probably a little large. I tend to use them as my long runs shoe now.

Others;
My friends like the Kalenji trail shoes, although they seem a bit firm to me. Also heard good things about the Karrimor trail shoes, albeit from someone who runs in anything at all :smile:

stephec

As John says the Decathlon shoes do have quite firm soles, which might be good or it might be bad, depends on what kind of terrain you'll be running on.

I over pronate and find that they're good for upto about five miles on mixed terrain, after that my calves tend to tighten up a bit.

If you're lucky though, like Mrs Stephec was, you'll find Decathlon selling off last years Salomons for £55.00.

Top Bottom