Virtual Events Anyone?

carlp

I don't suppose I'll get a response to this, there doesn't seem to be a lot happening on this forum.

Has anyone signed up to any virtual events to get motivated and to gain a medal? The Fragrant Mrs P and I like collecting event medals it keeps us motivated. Cycling, running and swimming, but as all the real events have been cancelled we've signed up for some virtual event where you commit to a distance with in a time scale, upload the results and they send you a medal for your achievements .

An example. https://www.f3events.co.uk/events/f3-virtual-race-series-202005-1215

lyle

i coulden't help but what is wrong with this forum...compared to the cycle forum, this one is a no go

OP
carlp

carlp

i coulden't help but what is wrong with this forum...compared to the cycle forum, this one is a no go
No Idea, the cycling forum is really busy, this forum started off well but people seem to have lost interest. I supposes there's only so much you can talk about with running, where cycling there's a massive amount of subjects to cover.

Drhysted

I transferred my place from actual to virtual on the Southampton half after they finally admitted defeat (they postponed twice in the hope of it going ahead), so I ran the distance alone (in the New Forest not Southampton mind) and got my medal and T-shirt sent through.
since then however they’ve released 100 & 250 mile T-shirts, which encouraged me to up the mileage. However yesterday they released 500 & 1000 mile T-Shirts, which has prompted me to set a silly target for myself this year. I’m getting that 1000 mile T-shirt!

OP
carlp

carlp

I transferred my place from actual to virtual on the Southampton half after they finally admitted defeat (they postponed twice in the hope of it going ahead), so I ran the distance alone (in the New Forest not Southampton mind) and got my medal and T-shirt sent through.
since then however they’ve released 100 & 250 mile T-shirts, which encouraged me to up the mileage. However yesterday they released 500 & 1000 mile T-Shirts, which has prompted me to set a silly target for myself this year. I’m getting that 1000 mile T-shirt!
Blimey! I've committed to the 50K run in a month, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. The Fragrant Mrs P is doing the 200k. I've also signed up for a 300k cycle medal for the month, but that's for a different forum.

Drhysted

Blimey! I've committed to the 50K run in a month, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. The Fragrant Mrs P is doing the 200k. I've also signed up for a 300k cycle medal for the month, but that's for a different forum.
I should point out that The 1000 miles is total, not an individual event, I’m on 322 at present due a poor start to the year (injuries). It’s also a rather silly total to aim for, but what use is a target if it’s not hard to reach.
for the record I can’t drink alcohol, so was stone cold sober when I said I could do it. I must be insane.

Top Bottom