waterproofs or get wet?

Discussion in 'Running Clothing' started by sandra6, Nov 18, 2017.

1. sandra6

sandra6 New Member

It was the first time I "had" to run in the rain today, and I opted for a waterproof, but I got too hot.
    I'm wondering if it's more comfortable to just suck it up and get wet - or do I just need a better jacket?

2. Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

All depends on how long your run is, and how cold it is, but I usually wear cycling wind proof shirt, with normal running pants.

For me, running in the rain, which I thoroughly enjoy,
    but the biggest problem is ,
    my glasses get streamed up, so I tend to leave them off.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

Both for me ;) I find a proper waterproof gets sweaty very quickly so when its warm I don't bother at all, in the cold I'll stick on something like this Higher State ultralight smock or a cycling gilet which slows down the ingress of moisture enough that I'm at least warm and wet rather than cold and wet - and if I get too hot its small enough to stick in a shorts pocket or flip/spi belt.

Mudrock likes this.
  4. Drhysted

Drhysted Regular Member

I’ve always just got wet.

Truth and sandra6 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sandra6

sandra6 New Member

I opted to just get wet this morning, but then it stopped raining:sun:

6. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I hate getting wet and cold so I wear a waterproof jacket but not much underneath - maybe just a t-shirt or a vest-top. But the most important thing is a baseball cap to keep the rain out my eyes because THAT is horrible.

sandra6 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    sandra6

sandra6 New Member

Ah, see I wear glasses so the rain doesn't go in my eyes, but sometimes I can't see.
    I wear a buff, headband style, over my ears to keep them warm and to keep my hair off my face.

8. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

A peaked hat/cap helps to keep my glasses dry.

9. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Get wet... I find most waterproof act as a 'boil in the bag' item when I run so I get wet either way.

Mudrock likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice