What app?

Discussion in 'Watches, GPS and Phone Apps' started by sandra6, Nov 21, 2017.

1. sandra6

sandra6 New Member

Do you use an app or tracker when you run?
    Which one would you reccommend?
    I'm using runkeeper, simply because it was the first one I found , and it's free. Sometimes it doesn't actually work though if the gps can't "find" me, but mostly it's reliable and they do offer me money off their online shop quite a lot.

Bucky and Steve like this.
  2. Drhysted

Drhysted Regular Member

I use a Garmin fenix 3 hr, but purely because I got it at a stonking never to be repeated bargain price.
    Previous it was a vivoactive. I like using watches as it is easier because I’m always wearing them.

sandra6, Bucky and Steve like this.
  3. Steve

Steve Regular Member Staff Member

I use a Garmin and link it to Strava, I tried Runkeeper as well as Mapmyrun, all have their pros and cons. I plumped for Strava in the end as it had more people that I know using it.

4. Depends what you want out of it - for the challenges, and fun stuff like the Asics Pace Academy, I like runkeeper although I have Strava running at the same time, as my work running group are on there.

I sync via tapirik to Garmin Connect and Endomondo, as they have my cycling stuff on.

If you want something barebones to help hit a particular time, Pacecontrol is good. If I'm just missing a time I want to hit, I use Pacecontrol to create, and keep me to, a pacing schedule.

All the above are Android - they may be available on other platforms.

sandra6 likes this.
  5. Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

I use Strava mainly because it's grown to be the service which has the most people I know on it.

I also use Garmin Connect (which auto syncs so Strava) as I use a Garmin 200 cycle GPS to record both my cycling and running. It's not ideal for running. When I don't have it I use my phone with the Strava app but I don't like having my phone on show while running.

I'd like to be able to see my pace and heart rate too, so a subtle running watch maybe on the cards.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Mudrock likes this.
  6. Truth

Truth Regular Member

I just use the Endomondo app on my mobile. Free and tells me all I need to (or want to!) know :smile:

7. Stephenite

Stephenite New Member

Garmin Connect, Strava (and the Google extension Stavistix), and Veloviewer.

8. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

Endomondo back before I bought a GPS watch, these days I'd avoid them as they changed the data export facilities. If I lost my watch(es) or they all broke I'd probably use Strava or Wahoo's app until I replaced as I upload to Strava and TrainingPeaks (the Wahoo app being the default for TrainingPeaks).

9. Stig-OT-Dump

Stig-OT-Dump Member

Suunto watch - data is managed through their Movescount app, however you can download Apple and Android versions to your phone and use it to track runs. You can set it up to automatically sync to strava.
    Much prefer my Suunto to previous Garmin, Polar and Bryton watches.

10. carlp

carlp Regular Member

I use the Garmin app , not perfect but does everything I need for cycling and running. I was using a Garmin Forerunner 610 with a HRM which is very good, but the Fragrant MrsP bought us both a Garmin Forerunner 35 which has a HRM on the watch back, and does a bit more stuff but is easier to use.

Mudrock likes this.
  11. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

Used to use endomondo then got a Garmin so upload to Garmin connect and use tapiriik to auto sync to strava, also training peaks as that's the platform the coach uses to set training plans.

Don't use endomondo anymore

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice