What do you do with you phone, wallet, and other valuables on race day?

Discussion in 'General Training and Racing Discussion' started by JellyBelly, Nov 5, 2017.

1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly New Member

Assuming you don't live next door to the race start, what do you do with your valuables on race day? Do you leave them in your bag or take them with you? Thinking about wallet, phone, car keys, etc.

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

Most decent size races will have a drop bag where you can leave your stuff. I tend to have a spi-belt for my mobile phone, and I put my bank-card, my car-key and my ID (driving license) in the little pocket that is usually in my shorts/capris.

3. runner

runner Member

All I carry is my car key kept in a zip pocket of my shorts or running tights. The only addition is a gore waterproof/wind coat which if I need I remove and carry in a little bum bag..organised or what :smile:

4. amasidlover

amasidlover Active Member

In general I carry a car/bike key in a flipbelt and phone (if leaving my stuff on the bike in a pannier rack) - for longer fell races where full kit is required I'll be carrying a small rucksack/running vest anyway.

Mudrock likes this.
  5. carlp

carlp Regular Member

I don’t take my phone or wallet. I have my car key on its own and twenty pounds in cash.

Mudrock likes this.
  6. Mudrock

Mudrock Regular Member

I have a bum bag, just big enough to carry a iPhone se, keys and some money, brought off eBay, I shall try to find a link later.

carlp likes this.
  7. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Another flipbelt user here. Cash, house key (changed locks when I moved in so one key does everything), and, occasionally, car key. Phone stays at home.

8. Flatflr

Flatflr Regular Member

I always run with a hydration belt or vest so it all goes in there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice