What does your running week look like?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by Redbadger, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Redbadger

Redbadger Regular Member Staff Member

I generally try to get out three times a week, usually evenings. I've previously done five or six times per week, but feel better, generally, just doing three. The rest days seem to help, but to be fair it's more a matter of circumstances dictating the free time I have. Given the chance I'd probably do more.

How about the rest of you? Do you structure your running and try to get a minimum mileage / number of days in, or are you more relaxed? And do you think rest days help?

2. Drhysted

Drhysted Regular Member

2016 it was close to 6 times a week.
    2017 it dropped to about 3 to 5.
    Last year it was very fluid as every time I recovered from an injury I found another. By the end of 2018, beginning 2019, it was down to 2 every 8 days (I work an 8 day shift pattern).

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Regular Member

Depends what's in the programme, but generally one or two HR based interval runs, with two zone 2 runs and a long run.

I've been running according to Garmin's pre-set training programmes, and finding them pretty useful so far.

4. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

No structure at all, get out as and when I can and feel like it the 2 don’t often align. Some weeks I don’t run at all, some I run once or twice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice