What gets in the way of a run?

Discussion in 'General Running Discussions' started by sandra6, Nov 24, 2017.

1. sandra6

sandra6 New Member

Or - what excuses do you make?!
    I try to run 3 times a week. I only do short runs on a work day as I have to get up at 6am to fit in just a mile and half. I'm lying - I only do short runs full stop. :laugh:
    Anyway, my current "excuses" are that I didn't sleep - sometimes I'm only just falling back to sleep at 5.30. I don't have time. Or even, I don't want to have to wash my hair.
    I was away from home for a training course this week so that ruined my "schedule" so I haven't had a run since Monday.
    Sunday. I will run on Sunday.

2. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Biggest thing that gets in the way on my run is work, then cycling, but as I have Stirling marathon coming up next year my running is going to have to take the forefront in a little while.

3. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I find just general laziness gets in the way. Getting out the door is the hardest step even though I WANT to run.

john59 and Steve like this.
  4. StephenR

StephenR Regular Member

Well do it?

5. Flatflr

Flatflr Regular Member

The only things that really gets in the way of running are health issues.

I do a lot of my running in the evenings after work, I found the biggest thing for me was to not sit down as soon as I got home, I get changed straight away and head out the door. When I got back into running I was commuting into London every day and set a rule over the winter that if I got home before 19:00, it was over 7C and wasn't raining I would go out for a run.

6. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I like the idea of rules! Takes the indecision out of it.

7. Bucky

Bucky Regular Member

Severe frost and the risk of ice is getting in the way of a lot of runs and cycling at the moment. :sad:

It being pitch black when I finish work isn't helping either, I was running down trails like the local section of NCN route 6 in the lighter evenings but I wouldn't run by myself there in the dark so I'm stuck to road running mid week, hence ice stopping play all to often.

8. carlp

carlp Regular Member

Lots of things get in the way, telly, the internet, life, dogs, another cup of tea, cycling...I could go on.

Mudrock likes this.
  9. TriTom

TriTom Regular Member

Children, when they're sleeping properly I can do 4-5-6am or 8-9-10pm exercise but whilst they've unpredictable sleeping patterns (either 3.5 yr old being poorly or our newborns night feeds) then it's unfair to expect my wife to get up and see to them when I'm already awake, at least 1 of us could be sleeping!!
    And yes I writing this at 1 am feed :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice