What supplements do you take...and do you think they work?

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Hydration and Supplements' started by runner, Jan 13, 2018.

1. runner

runner Member

I buy online and take on a regular basis...Glucosamine, fish oil and Turmeric. All of these are really meant to help maintain joints etc...do they work? Well you always believe it better to take than and as a 61 year old runner, running for some 40 years! I think I need a little help :smile:

2. WiltshireWonder

WiltshireWonder Active Member Staff Member

I take a multivitamin - I'm specifically looking at iron (vegetarian, female) and B12 (vegetarian) and Vit D. I'm not convinced they work but I feel like I should make an effort.

3. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

I occasionally buy a multivitamin but rarely remember to take them, I need them visible to remind me but they always seem to get 'tidied away'.
    Can't say I noticed them working but then again unless i'd been having a specific problem and taking a supplement has helped it would be difficult to say if for instance fish oil was the reason I'd never had joint pain or whatever.
    If it's not costing a fortune and you feel it's a benefit then crack on, even if it's a placebo effect that in my book is a very powerful thing as most endurance events usually come down to power of the mind.

runner likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    runner

runner Member

well my vitamins are from natures best and they are certainly not the cheapest....it is an interesting dilemma...are the vitamins from lets say poundland as good as online stores such as natures best, healthspan etc.....that's a bit different than my original question but one where I'm sure we can have some healthy debate :smile:

5. TriTom

TriTom Active Member

I suppose it's like buying branded or supermarket flu tablet, if the both contain 500mg of paracetamol and 20mg of caffeine how can they be any different? Are there varying qualities of paracetamol?

6. WiltshireWonder

I read somewhere about a website that compares vitamins and apparently they're not all equal. I'll try and find it.

runner likes this.
  7. WiltshireWonder

Here it is. Take it with all the pinches of salt you need but it looks interesting at least.
    https://labdoor.com/

runner likes this.
  8. kimirunner

kimirunner New Member

I use fish oil and tumeric everyday. Seem it work ver well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice